Chasing prey barefoot is old-fashioned. Modern hunters are now using electric bikes for catching up with their prey. And with the proper knowledge, you too can buy the best electric bike for hunting that suits your needs. Here are our top 10 best e-bikes that outshine the rest when it comes to hunting.
Benefits of Having Electric Bike for Hunting
Why should you use an Ebike for hunting? Electric bikes have a lot of benefits compared to regular bikes, such as:
- Quiet: When you’re hunting, even the slightest sound can alert your prey. Motors are noisy, yes. But most modern bikes use BLDC motors, which are whisper-quiet.
- Fast: Due to the assisted pedaling from the motor, electric bikes can run faster than most prey you’ll encounter. This also means it’ll take you less time to reach the hunting ground.
- Agile: Being fast and compact, these bikes are much more flexible and agile. They can run over obstacles and clear their path. That means you’ll never fall behind your prey.
- Easy to Learn: Riding an e-bike is just like riding a regular bike. It’s easier to ride an e-bike since the motor assists your pedaling.
- Effortless Riding: In an e-bike, while the motor doesn’t completely drive the bike, it does give you the boost to start your journey. This, combined with the thumb throttling, results in effortless riding.
- Carry More: Many electric bikes come with a weight limit of up to 300 lbs and many cargo and hunting accessories. So, they’re able to carry more items.
- Trailer Option: If you have a lot of cargo to haul, many e-bikes let you buy a trailer. This trailer can be attached to the ball-hitch joint at the back of most bikes.
- Cool Look: And lastly, it looks fantastic. When everyone else is chasing their prey on foot, you’ll be dashing through the fields with your fabulous new hunting electric bike.
10 Best Electric Bikes for Hunting
|Quietkat Voyager Folding|
|Quietkat Apex Hunter|
|Rambo Nomad Urban|
|Rambo R750 Pursuit|
|Rambo Roamer 750W|
|Rungu Dualie Steep|
|Bakcou Storm Full-Suspension|
|Bakcou Flatlander Bafang|
So, without any further ado, here are our top 10 best electric hunting bike reviews.
Rambo Rebel Electric Hunting Bike
The Rambo uses a powerful 1-kilowatt Bafang motor that delivers high torque and speed. But it’s not so much the speed as it is the Pedal Assist that interests us.
The motor of this off road electric hunting bike allows for 5 levels of Pedal Assist. This is much better than other e-Bikes, where you have no control over how much the motor is assisting you.
A motor that power requires a strong battery. Rambo’s Rebel houses a 48V 21Ah battery, enabling riding distances of up to 48 miles before the battery runs out. It’s suited for most applications, especially hunting.
Additionally, the chassis has been made from 6061 aluminum alloy. Long story short, it doesn’t rust and is almost immune to corrosion.
And to top all that off, the main control panel has a digital display with bright colors and visible vitals.
However, the bike is not foldable, a flaw mentioned even in other electric hunting bike reviews. Plus, the weight is just on the edge of being too heavy (at 69 pounds).
Quietkat Voyager Folding Electric Bike
The Quietkat is a Class 2 e-bike for hunting with a total motor power of 750 watts. It’s enough to thrust the bike over long distances. And it’s complemented by the 11.6 Ah battery, which lets it run for over 48 miles.
But that much power is wasted if you can’t control it. Luckily, the Quietkat gives you the option of choosing from 7 separate speeds. It’s a bike made for every voyage, on the road or off it.
Speaking of off-roading, you may notice at first glance that the tires are fatter than usual. That’s because this is a fat tire bike that is twice as durable as a bike with regular tires. Fat tires make it the perfect choice for covering unpredictable obstacles.
The best part is that you can store this Quietkat bike for hunting with ease, owing to its light weight of just 54 lbs. But the motor is a bit weaker than other bikes. And the fat tires make it quite bulky even when folded.
2022 Quietkat Apex Hunter Package
Want more options when it comes to motor power? Then the 2022 Quietkat Apex xtreme fat tire hunting electric bikes may please you. This bike is available in three motor options: 1500W, 1000W, and 750W. So, you can opt for a lower motor power while still benefiting from the suspension and transmission.
On that note, this is one of the very few hunting bikes that features a sophisticated suspension. The front fork is a 150mm inverted air-suspension fork that maintains stability during your ride. And the fat 4.5″ thick Kenda Juggernaut tires also provide buoyancy and flexibility, both on and off the road.
But that’s not all. This bike also features a Tektro 4-piston hydraulic brake system. Hydraulic brakes are rarely seen on electric bikes, so it’s one of the best ebikes for hunting.
There are only two downsides to all of this: the weight and the cost. The extra features mean that this bike is no beginner’s tool. And it weighs 71 pounds, which is not a small number.
Rambo Nomad Urban Electric Hunting Bike
The Rambo Nomad is a 750W electric trail bike for hunting made for use off the road. It features a powerful motor that delivers high torque for faster cruising and hill climbing. A heavy-duty 14 Ah battery pack keeps the motor live and operative.
But no acceleration is complete without the right type of brake. The Rambo Nomad features 2-piston fully hydraulic brakes on both its front and rear wheels. They deliver braking power that even makes the Dillinger Hunter electric bike look weak.
As for the chassis, it’s made of 6061 aluminum alloy, perfect for the outdoors. It weighs around 66 pounds, which is quite an average weight for electric bikes. The wheels are fitted with fat 4″ tires that provide maximum traction even on the most unforgiving paths.
One thing that you’ll notice is that, even with a more capacious battery, the bike only runs for 38 miles in one full charge. Plus, there are no guards for the sprocket. A lot of dirt and debris can easily get lodged in the sprocket.
RAMBO Bushwacker Electric HUNTING BIKE
Need a robust and reliable bike that can conquer any terrain? Then you might like the Rambo Bushwacker. Equipped with a powerful 750-watt Bafang hub motor, this bike is sure to deliver. The high torque and speed allow it to run for longer on freeways and jungles.
But this isn’t the best electric bike for hunting for urban use. Instead, through the aluminum chassis, it can withstand harsh outdoor conditions like rain and sunlight. The sprocket, however, could use some protection.
The Rambo Bushwacker uses 2-piston hydraulic brakes on both its wheels. This means that the braking power and efficiency are similar to what you would experience in your car.
Unfortunately, since it’s made for terrains with many obstacles, you don’t get many speed options. The hubs only have a 5-speed transmission.
Even then, with proper care, the bike can last over 38 miles while adventuring due to its massive 14 Ah battery.
And to wrap that up, the Rambo Bushwacker comes fitted with fat 4-inch tires for the perfect off-road experience.
Rambo R750 Pursuit Electric Hunting Bike
The Rambo R750 Pursuit is one of the best e-bikes for hunting and off-roading. Built like a true off-road bike, the Rambo uses its 750-watt motor to weather every storm – or rather, every terrain. Be it muddy, snowy, or wet – this bike has it all.
But motor power doesn’t just mean acceleration. It also means that the bike can haul more load, 300 pounds to be exact. This is perfect for carrying your hunting equipment.
Being top rated electric hunting bikes, the Rambo has been fitted with Anti-Puncture fat tires from Kenda Krusade. These tires sit on strong double-wall rims attached to a fully aluminum chassis. Since aluminum doesn’t rust, your bike will stay by your side for longer.
Durability aside, the Rambo hunting bike has excellent control because of its 700 mm Promax handlebars. However, ride stability is compromised by the lack of a suitable suspension. Plus, you might find the rear motor to be a bit noisy. Rest assured, the bike is perfect for hunting in hilly areas.
2020 Roamer Electric Hunting Bike
A versatile and well-equipped hunting bike, the Rambo Roamer, is the perfect example of an all-terrain outdoor bike. The first thing you’ll notice is how slim it is for a bike that’s meant to be rugged. But don’t fall for it – this electric mountain bike for hunting soars through the toughest obstacle courses.
And that’s thanks to the powerful 750W motor attached to its hub. The motor offers Pedal Assist with 5 levels of control, meaning you’re always the one in charge.
Speaking of charge, the bike has a powerful 14 Ah battery supplied by Samsung, which lasts for up to 35 miles. You’ll notice that the battery lasts longer in Rambo bikes vs Quietkat. You also get a fully digital display for checking the bike’s status.
While the bike does have a 300-pound weight capacity, its hill-climbing abilities are significantly reduced at higher weights. What’s more, the derailleur seems to be a bit loose and comes off on rugged roads. We suggest tightening the bolts and nuts after assembly.
Rungu Dualie Steep
A 3 wheel electric bike for hunting? Sounds like a troll. But when we gave the Rungu Dualie a chance, we were amazed at how many benefits the dual-wheel setup has. For one thing, two front wheels mean double of everything – double the traction, twice the braking power, and double the stability.
But there’s another way the Rungu doubles the traction: its Total Control wheelbase and 75/25 weight distribution. This enables it to run smoothly through rugged roads, mud, snow, and even deep sand. Combine that with the 47% grade climbing ability, and you get the best electric bike for hunting off-road.
This is the Steep Package, which comes with a Cargo Rack, E-Light, and Front Mud Flaps included. The Cargo Rack can be used to haul up to 300 pounds of weight in conjunction with the 344-pound capacity of the bike itself.
However, this bike does have a flaw: a shorter riding range. Two wheels require more power, after all. The max off-road range is about 17-19 miles. And it’s quite bulky and heavy, at 94.6 lbs.
Bakcou Storm Full-Suspension Hunting Electric Bike
The Bakcou Storm is an electric trail bike for hunting in two motor powers: 750W and 1000W. Both these variants use powerful lithium-ion batteries that extend the bike range to up to 40 miles. This cheap electric bike for hunting gives you complete control with a left-thumb throttle and multi-level Pedal Assist (PAS).
And you get even more control through the Shimano Alivio 9-speed transmission, made just for hill-climbing. To ensure that your ride is safe and secure, the Bakcou Storm incorporates 2-piston hydraulic brakes on each of its 17″ wheels. These lead to powerful brakes against powerful impacts.
But that’s not all. To give you a clear-cut idea of your bike’s stats, the Bakcou Storm features a full-color LCD.
Moreover, the chassis is made from high-grade 6061 aluminum alloy, perfect for rust protection. That doesn’t mean it’s light through. At 72 pounds, this is quite a heavy bike.
You may also struggle with assembly since it doesn’t come pre-assembled, and the instructions are hard to read.
Bakcou Flatlander Bafang Fat Tire Hunting Electric Bike
Looking for an extremely quiet deer hunting electric bike that won’t scare away the prey? Then the Bakcou Flatlander may be the right choice for you. It’s equipped with a 500W rear hub motor that’s whisper quiet, allowing you to ride into fields of deer and elk smoothly.
But why stop there? Unlike other bikes, where you have various motor options, this bike gives you different battery options. And in hindsight, speed isn’t much of a concern for hunters as the range and battery life is. The Bakcou Flatlander is available in 14.5 Ah, 17.4 Ah, and 21 Ah variants.
Moreover, it gives you full control of the speed, fitted with a Shimano Alivio Hill-Climbing 9-speed suspension. So, you can change the speed depending on the terrain. However, this is not the best electric bike for hunting for very rugged or wet areas, hence the name “Flatlander”. This fat tire electric bike for hunting with wide-stance pedals keep you grounded.
How to Choose Best Electric Hunting Bike?
With so many products on the shelf, the best electric hunting bike reviews can be quite confusing. Here’s what you should consider when choosing a hunting bike.
- Price: At the lowest end, an electric hunting bike will cost you around $700 to $900. At the higher end, the price can go as high as $4,000 or more. Generally, the $2,000 to $3,000 range is a safe place to start.
- Weight Limit: Since you’ll be carrying a lot of hunting equipment, the weight limit is essential. Most bikes will have a weight limit of 300 lbs. or more.
- Battery: The battery will decide the range of the bike. Look for a battery that lasts long and doesn’t take long to charge. 11 Ah is a good place to start.
- Tires: Most electric hunting bikes have “fat” tires (that are 4″ thick). Aside from that, look for an all terrain electric bike for hunting.
- Performance: Take a look at the bike’s top speed (should be at least above 20 mph). Also, look at the type of suspension and brakes used.
- Range: The best electric bike for hunting has at least 30 miles of range on a single charge. Some more powerful bikes may offer as little as 17 miles since they consume more electricity.
- Suspension: Air suspensions are common in electric bikes. You may also be able to find inverted forks and other kinds of suspension. Be sure to get pneumatic bike tires as they provide a lot of suspensions.
- Pedaling: Lastly, consider how comfortable it is to pedal the bike and how fast it runs with and without the Pedal Assist. Electric bikes are made only to assist you, so you’ll be doing quite a bit of pedaling.
The Safety Tips When Riding
E-bikes, although not nearly as powerful as motorbikes, are still quite dangerous. Much like with a motorbike, always wear a helmet and invest in some knee and elbow pads if you can. Also, remember never to drive drunk, even if it’s just an electric bike.
Best Electric Hunting Bike Accessories
Hunting bikes are great, but they’re even better with all the goodies that come with them. We’ve already discussed these accessories in detail here, but here’s a brief overview anyway:
- Rambo Flat Attack Sealant: Essential for keeping punctures sealed, the Rambo Flat Attack Sealant is tire insurance in a pocket. It’ll save you from a hassle while you’re on the move.
- Fenders Additional: If you want to upgrade the fenders on your bike, this fender from Rambo is a must-buy. It’s elegant and keeps mud and debris away from the rider.
- Mini Pump: Rambo Buzzy’s Pollinator is a pocket-friendly mini-pump for fixing flats. It’ll work great with your flat fixing kit. It provides up to 300 psi of pressure.
- Bags: It’s quite inefficient hauling your hunting equipment behind you on your e-bike. That’s where these bike bags come in. They’re stylish and secure and make equipment handling easier.
- Trailer: If you have a lot of equipment to carry, you can try this towing trailer from Bakcou. Just be sure that you know how to hook it up with your bike.
- Extra Battery: It’s always a good idea to carry an extra battery on you, even if your current one is on a full charge. This battery from Rambo can even be used simultaneously with your stock battery.
Can electric bikes be used for hunting in roadless areas?
Yes. In the US, a new decree allows hunters to use electric bikes in roadless areas and national parkland.
Can I use an electric bike on public hunting land?
It is prohibited in most jurisdictions to explore public lands with your e-bike.
What Is the best electric hunting bike for the money?
The best electric bike for hunting for the money has got to be the Rambo 1000W Truetimber. It’s got everything you need at a justifiable price.
How to set up a mountain bike for hunting in a few days?
Mount your firearm at the back. Buy a chest pack and some hunting bags to keep your equipment in.
Electric bikes are becoming quite popular as the go-to choice for modern hunters. But which hunting bike is the best?
In our opinion, we found that the Rebel 1000W Truetimber is the best electric bike for hunting. But if you find any other bike to suit your needs, definitely take that leap.